Information in English
We are the most
This is what a city with social progress looks like.
As we transform Cali, not only physically but also in our way of thinking, we will forge the legacy we want. This city and all of those that live in it are made for progress.
THIS IS HOW WE BUILD SOCIAL PROGRESS IN CALI
- Cali was selected as the American Sports Captal in 2019 by ACES Europe.
- Our 14 free-access programs cover 100% of the city.
- We have increased by 280% the amount of sport-program beneficiaries.
- Today, Cali has the lowest homicide rate of the last 25 years.
- We are pioneers in the integration of army and police in joint operations.
- Our prevention model is internationally recognized for its reduction of youth violence and promotion of urban peace.
- We are investing the largest amount in Cali's history to transform our infrastructure and quality.
- Our intervention is comprehensive. It emphasizez soports, culture and technology.
- The National Ministry of Education recognizes us as a model for social innovation.
- Our school feeding program is recognized as the best in the country.
- 61 libraries make up our public library system. The largest in Colombia.
- Creativity is in our DNA. We have 40 festivals that represent over US 165 millions in economic activity per year.
- Two of our events are amongst the most respected in the continent: The Cali Fair as the biggest end-of-year festival, and the pacific-culture Petronio Alvárez Festival both create over 15,000 jobs and host over 1.300.000 spectators.
TRANSPORTATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- Cycling infrastructure has increased by over 600%. We aspire to be leaders in kilometers per habitant.
- The city's bus rapid transit system is a national model for its financial robustness and for having the first electrical bus fleet.
Fecha de publicación 30/07/2019
Última modificación 26/06/2020